The current workflow for converting a PetroMod project is outlined below. We are working on mkaing htis procedure smoother in future Migri releases.
- Create a New Project (results in a .mirp case-file in the “/migri” directory in the destination folder chosen).
- Export depth grids from PetroMod to Migri’s “/db/depths” directory.
- Create Migri Geometries in File/GenerateProject/CreateGeometries.
- Export burial, temperature (and oil/gas expulsion) histories from PetroMod to “/db”.
- Load Project (.mirp) into Migri using File/OpenProject.
- Add PetroMod time-steps in the Times.info table using File/GenerateProject/EditTimestepsTable.
- Make sure that the “Histories” column in the table is ticked only for times where there is a corresponding Horizon age (check in ProjectWorkspace).
- Add Migri Histories in the Source.info table using File/GenerateProject/EditHistoriesTable and save the table (as a .csv file)
- Activate the use of the saved table by selecting it in Input/History/History.source.
- Save (File/SaveProject) and reopen (reload) the .mirp case-file in Migri (File/OpenProject).
- Choose histories to simulate in Properties/Input/Geomodel/:
- Choose gas and oil expulsion histories in Input/Source.
- Add Input/Geomodel/Sedimentsurface for all Layers where palaeowater depths are not 0 m.
- Input/Geomodel/ThicknessHistory can also be used for salt reconstruction instead of the BurialHistory.
- Define Layer lithologies for the layers
- Save and re-open the project