This page contains information about new Migri releases, including a list of changes from the previous versions. See also the full Migri release history.
If you would like to receive an automatic email notification when this page is updated, please log in and click Follow on this page.
Migri 1.8.6 - 191104 (191104) is a maintenance release
Allowing for using Ranking analysis with Maturity simulations.
No longer needed to specify number of runs when starting Ranking simulations.
Vitrinite legend now defaults to range 0 - 1.5
Improved loading of fault surfaces.
- Minor bugfixes
Migri 1.8.4 - 190918 (190918) is a maintenance release
- ”Update model” button is now activated (red) after making changes in the Edit LithoFacies dialog.
- Fixed calculation error in “predicted model size” in Modify project dialog.
- Added Project.downwards parameter to allow more efficient migration into older layers from e.g. pinchouts.
- Minor adjustment to handling of flow direction calculation in thin layers (< 30 cm thick unconformities).
Migri 1.8.2 - 190722 (190806) is a maintenance release
- Added support for proprietary Company lithosystems
- Added compression when using HDF storage
- Fixed TrapViewer issues with leakage between many shallow sublayers
- Fixed bug in “File Types” dialog window size.
Migri 1.8.0 - 190411 (190411) is a production release
- Monitor stochastic panel for viewing progress of stochastic simulations.
- New Ranking analysis tool for studying input parameter sensitivities.
- New Modify fault properties in area input dialog
- New Modify LithoFacies in area input dialog
- Introduced new Analysis top-level menu.
- Reload button in Explorer to force update of the file tree.
Migri 1.7.2 - 190126 (190126) is a maintenance release
- Corrected error in conversion from metric to oil field units for gas volume at reservoir conditions.
- Modify project now allows for using alternative lithology scheme.
- Fixed bug in lithology selection when using alternative lithology scheme
- Fixed annotation error in lithology legend (introduced in 1.7.0).
Migri 1.7.0 - 190110 (190110) is a production release
- MigriComplex: Faultsurfaces loading, plotting and migration modelling
- MigriComplex: Ranking of parameters
- MigriComplex: Parameter groups in stochastic modelling (Ranking)
- New History Editor for temperatures, overpressure and seal events.
- Allowing for switching between metric and oil field units in TrapViewer and Drainage area analysis.
- Allowing for switching between m and ft as input units for depth maps in the Geological Events Editor.
- Added new Modify property in area tool
- New Stochastic setup wizard for launching stochastic simulations.
- Added Wells table to the Observation Tables Editor
- LithoFacies input (project workspace: Input/Lithologies/LithoFacies)
- New LithoFacies Editor for adding and editing user-defined lithofacies
- Added support for Database Views.
- Added plot templates (temperature, maturity, pressure) to Log Viewer.
- Allowing for switching between well locations (defined in the Wells table) in Log Viewer.
- Layer models can now be created from a well tops (.csv) table file.
- Project.output: choose from list of existing output table tags
- Fixed bug sometimes occurring when selecting items from the menus in Output Table Editor
- The “Visualize each step” setting is now stored when closing Migri.
- Fixed bug causing “open last project” to sometimes open the wrong project when running more than one Migri instance
- Added “Load as caserun” option to the caserun table in Risk Chart.
Migri 1.6.8 - 180801 (180801) is a maintenance release
- Improved handling of spill from complex traps
- Tracking of all user parameter changes (stored in Changes.info table)
- New (unique) caserun name automatically assigned when starting simulation run
- Fixed a bug in computation of irregular mesh connections (occurs in special settings)
- Fixed an issue with temperature gradient at 0Ma sometimes being overwritten when using Modify project.
- Improved handling of intermediate timesteps when Histories are used.
- Improvements for loading of well data with deviation paths
- Added ‘wellgrid’ mathematical operation (5*5 grid with values=0; can be used for MSL/seabed when doing pseudo 1D modelling)
Migri 1.6.6 - 180615 (180615) is a maintenance release:
Fixed wrong indexing of histories when using multiple histories with different number of timesteps.
Fixed geohistory line drawing error.
Migri 1.6.4 - 180504 (180504) is a maintenance release:
180528 Update: Basement age is no longer included in the timestep list when creating a new project with the “Event” or “Interpolated” timesteps options active.
Fixed an issue causing fault geometry building to fail when using .csv fault polygon files.
Minor bugfixes and improvements..
Migri 1.6.2 - 180320 (180320) is a maintenance release:
- Fixed reported issue causing the Migrisk license features to be checked out even if the Use Migrisk license option was not activated.
- Allowing for assigning histories (burial, temperature and overpressure) also to the basement layer.
- Fixed a potential error when setting layer histories to "not assigned" in the Histories Table Editor
- Simplified setting of .mirt filepaths in the Histories Table Editor. Removed Filepath text field from the editor.
- Fixed a bug causing Project.area not to be updated always when using File/Modify Project.
- The maximum possible number of sub-traps in trap viewer has been increased.
- Fixed reported issues with unsuccessful loading from HDF5 file.
- Improved some warning messages when layers are missing in geometry building.
Migri 1.6.0 - 180215 (180215) is a production release:
- Added Input/Layer Hydraulic/Retention for user control over migration retention (losses).
- Added Results/Flow/Retained for viewing results from retention calculations (losses during migration)
- User parameter changes are now stored in a Changes.info table with date/time of change
- Added Rock-eval and Shows tables to Observation tables editor
- New Modify project option to edit an existing project with the Project setup wizard.
- Histories can now be assigned to layers in the Histories table editor.
- Added “Download NPD data” option to RMB menu in Explorer.
- Fixed crashes due to memory allocations (e.g. during loading of project).
- Improved user messages for special outcomes during model setup and simulation.
- Migri burial histories for large present day water-depths improved.
- More accurate migration in uppermost layer below seabed.
- Fixed bug in plotting flow-rates for timesteps with duration less than 0.5 Ma.
Migri 1.5.6 - 170914 (171031) is a maintenance release:
- Added filtering of paleo-traps in TrapViewer by trap size
- Added option in TrapViewer table to show data only for a given topic, e.g. HC volumes.
- Other tweaks and minor improvements to TrapViewer plots.
- The Source rocks editor can now be set to show either mean values, uncertainties or both.
- The Timestep editor now only shows the History option when there is a model horizon with a corresponding age.
- Fixed an issue with MigriBee being started twice when launching local simulations on Windows.
- Added Migration/Active LeakageNodes to Import Table in Wells.
- Added description of file.gri#0 notation for loading unsmoothed coarse grids into model.
- Flowrate maps are now plotted in microtraps to avoid breaks in pathplotting.
- More compact history (mirt) files by skipping early timesteps with no contributions
- Minor adjustments to hdf usage.
Migri 1.5.4 - 170828 (170828) is a maintenance release:
- Improved accuracy of oil column calculation for traps with large spill volumes and small oil columns
- Fixed bug that resulted in progress bar disappearing during simulations
- Fixed crash when copying table data into Table editor
- Fixed some issues in the Injection tool
- Added support for local background stochastic job submission
- No longer allow interactive stochastic simulation by default - a pop up message is shown instead
- Added more documentation for components, PVT and fault seal
Migri 1.5.2 - 170713 (170713) is a production maintenance release:
- Improved the HC Table Editor functionality. Non-HC components can now be specified and a set of default HC templates are available
- Improved the import and export capabilities for Shape files
- Multi-polygons can now be used as input to HC injection
- Added "Show drainage area" options to RMB menu in the 3D view
- Improved plotting of shallow layers and other tweaks to GeoHistory
- Added picking (CTRL+LMB button) to GeoHistory plots
- Simplifications to the Drainage Area Analysis tool
- Fix: removed issue with geometries being generated twice after modifying the Geological Events table
- Minor tweaks and bugfixes
Migri 1.5.0– 170530 (170530) is a production release:
- Added support for multicomponent migration modelling.
- More options available for HC injection migration, including flood injection and quick injection.
- Improved fill/spill modelling for injection points
- Injection toolbar added
- Added a new Edit menu containing the Geomodel editors previously found in the File/Generate project menu
- Added a source rock properties editor to the Edit menu and in the New project setup wizard.
- Added more project setup wizard options, including present day temperatures and number of timesteps.
- New drainage area analysis tool included.
- Loading of polygon Shape (.shp) files
- Additional polygon export formats
- Saving to and processing Riskchart & stochastic from hdf files supported.
- Improved accuracy of compressed histories
- Improvements to the history loading
- Use Source.thickness=thickness.Ma to use geometrical thickness for the layer as source rock thickness.
- Added observation misfits table in Riskchart. Shows result for each observation in a stochastic simulation run.
- New projects will store results in out/<projectname> or hdf/<projectname>, not in output/
- Option to plot expelled volumes zero values as 0 and not undefined added.
- LAS keywords aliases can be loaded from migri-aliases.csv file
- Improvements to GeoHistory plots, including support for onshore settings.
- Added new Source Potential Index (SPI) plot
- Unit notation allowed in math equations e.g. |g1.gri|[bbl/sqft]|*|
- Fix: layer scale slider now updates when loading a view configuration.
- Fix: removed crash when deleting a data series from the Logviewer tool.
- Fix: improved picking when multiple points are present at the same location.
Migri 1.4.2 - 170104 (170124) is a maintenance release:
- More robust storage of simulation results in HDF format (flushing of data)
- Improved precision in PVT calculations
- Fixed an issue with creation of new Monte Carlo iterations after using the "Load Risk" option
- Using the "Load caserun" option in Caserun Selection window now updates the Migri status label to show the selected caserun.
- Added units to curve legends in Log Viewer.
- Several fixes and improvements to the Lithologies/Fluids log.
- Irap binary grids are now stored using a newer file format definition, allowing for import into recent versions of PetroMod and Petrel.
- Background stochastic panel now remember settings from last session. Dialog also no longer closes automatically after new MigriBees have been started.
- The user is now asked where to put the project directory when creating a new project from an HDF file.
- Expulsion is now shown as undefined for layers with Source.active = 0.
- Renamed lithologies "ShSlt" to "SltSh" and "CaSs+" to "lCaSs"
- Minor improvements to GeoHistory plots.
- Picking now selects the visible (foremost) point when multiple points are available at the same location.
- Profiles now shows the correct legend for the HC.flowrates property.
- Setting the Source.active parameter to 1 for a layer now activates Migri generation mode if no expulsion history has been selected (Source.oil & Source.gas = 0).
- The "Sum all traps" option is now enabled by default in Trapviewer.
- The default list of basins and provinces has been extended.
- Increased accuracy slightly in PVT calculations
- Improved fill/spill when using Inject Hydrocarbons
- Length of math expression allowed is now 2000 characters.
Migri 1.4.0 - 161014 (161014) is a production release:
- Added functionality for HC Injection in points and areas.
- Added GeoHistory plots to view burial histories for model points.
- New Project Setup dialog (wizard) for creating a new project from grids.
- New Observation table editor for calibration data input.
- Support for HDF files.
- Experimental support for Oracle OCI database connections.
- Experimental support for launching MigriBees on compute clusters with queue/load balancer schemes
- Model info (model size, area etc.) is now automatically display each time a project is opened
- Polygons export (e.g. drainage areas) as ZMap files.
- Source.active makes it easier to switch on/off sources.
- Updated Migri Help documentation.
- Fix: Saving the Shortlist parameter list no longer causes crash.
- Fix: Improved filtering in TrapViewer. Small traps picked in the 3d view no longer shown as empty.
- Fix: numbers of sublayers are now always shown in the Geological Events Editor.
- Fix: free capacity volumes reported in trap table are no longer negative.
- Fix: more reasonable default sizing of the Risk chart window.
Migri 1.3.10 - 160321 (160329) is a maintenance release:
- Fixed error in setting relative paths in History Editor after loading histories from file.
- Fixed issue with wrong filenames reported as missing when using Create histories.
- Fixed issue with exported Zycor ZMap files sometimes containing blank lines within the data.
- Additional improvements in flow along pinch-outs (simulation & plotting)
Migri 1.3.8 – 160229 (160229) is a maintenance release:
- Added support for loading PetroMod 2015 data.
- Corrected header names in TrapViewer table (CGR->GCR, GOR->Trap GOR).
- Added new Oil GOR column to TrapViewer table.
- Total oil vol. [MScum] column in TrapViewer table now includes condensates.
- Added new introduction/help links in Information window.
- Improved flow description along pinchouts.
- Moved FlowDirection property up to Results/Flow
- Fixed occasional wrong lowermost sublayer Vsh calculated when no strata file is used
- Missing rim overpressures in history are now set to 0.0 MPa
Migri 1.3.6 - 151130 (151130) is a production maintenance release:
- Updated and re-structured the Migri Help pages.
- Fixed an issue causing the Riskchart window to obstruct/block other windows and dialogs.
- The Migrisk feature can now be activated/deactivated from the License Settings dialog. The changes will take effect the next time a project is opened.
- Log10(mD) accepted as unit for histories.
- Riskchart now excludes variables that use grids for Mean and 0 standard deviation.
- Fixed bug that caused Migri to sometimes crash when loading very large grids.
- Iterative Monte Carlo now accepts very long mathematical expressions
- Lithology fraction defaults adjusted for Salt, Mixed, ArgCa.
Migri 1.3.4 - 151130 (151130) is a maintenance release:
- Fixed an issue causing very shallow traps to sometimes not build columns and spill properly at some timesteps.
- Fixed an issue with drag and drop model building when the user tries to add a layer that is older than the current basement layer.
- Default temperature histories parameters for layers inserted with drag and drop are now copied from the layer above.
- Fixed issues in TrapViewer.
- Harmonized left and right y-axis in the HC Contacts chart
- Legend colors and symbols have been made consistent with plot curves.
- Showing curve labels by default in the HC Contacts chart
- Total pressure is now included in P-T Chart.
- Quickplot sessions using database connections can now be saved and restored.
- Added "Duplicate column/row" function to table editors.
- Added minimize/maximize window options to Riskchart
- Allowing for processing multiple tags in Riskchart.
- Fixed issues with setting correct phases in probabilistic flowmaps.
- Fixed issue causing crash when loading very large grim (compressed migri format) grids.
- Allowing for background stochastic simulations with projects containing spaces in filenames.
Migri 1.3.2 - 1500909 (150909) is a maintenance release:
- Fixed issues with loading of some PetroMod grids (AOI) into LayerHistories.
- Fixed issues with sealing faults when using grids with special grid sizes.
- Improved flow along sealing unconformities by adjusting their permeabilities.
- Improved stochastic processing by allowing for more properties to be processed
- Fixed issues with Drag & drop, including wrong (mixed) lithology in some cases.
- Improved the support for Porosity & Permeability Histories.
- Added "Export Image" shortcut button to the Standard toolbar.
- Added "Show source layers only" option to the RMB menu in the 3dview.
- Export VTFx option now remembers the most recently used directory
- All Migri windows can now be docked to either left, right or bottom positions.
- Improved Expulsion windows and Expelled windows plots, showing the dominant expelled phase (oil, gas, mixed) and rate (low, medium, high and extreme).
Migri 1.3.0 - 150430 (150430) is a production release:
- New drag and drop functionality. Add new layers to an existing model or update properties by dropping maps in the 3d view.
- New Caserun Selection panel allows for browsing and loading of individual simulations from a Monte Carlo simulation series.
- Several Riskchart improvements, including the possibility to update parameter distributions based on an Monte Carlo analysis.
- Improved support for loading from and querying SQLite databases.
- Several usability changes to the Project workspace, including highlighting of updated variables and errors.
- Error, warning and information messages from the simulator are now indicated by a status bar icon. Clicking on the icon will display the message contents.
- Migri Explorer preview now shows Grid frequency charts (distributions).
- The Mean run is now the first run (bee=1,run=1) in Monte Carlo simulations.
- New migration probability maps can be computed from Monte Carlo simulations, including P90,P50,P10 maps, flowrisks map (migration probability) and phaserisks map (probability of gas phase)
Migri 1.2.6 - 150309 (150309) is a maintenance release:
- Status dialog with option to reload model is now shown after creating model geometries.
- Improved handling of expulsion histories with invalid values in input maps.
- More robust loading of Irap ASCII (FGR grids) with missing or invalid cell values.
- Fixed an issue with the tablines mathematical operation.
Migri 1.2.4 - 150206 (150206) is a maintenance release:
- View configurations (viewpoint, visible layers, clipping etc) can now be saved and loaded from the view menu and graphics toolbar.
- Project workspace variables that have been changed after the last project save are now shown with bold text.
- The input, model and results branches in the project workspace are now marked by vertical lines in blue, green and black colors.
- Header text can now be turned on/off in 2d view (View/Layout menu option).
- Log viewer now automatically updates each time the active timestep is changed
- User interface font size (e.g. menus and project workspace) can now be changed in the File/Preferences menu.
- The geological event editor can now be opened and edited directly when loading of a layer model fails.
- Project workspace variables that are modified are now added to the Shortlist view
- Volumes contained within or passing through multiple traps can now be summed in Trap viewer (trapped,moving and lost HC plots)
- Added SealEvent (Kseal.adjust, Kseal.logadjust, Peseal.add in Layer Hydraulic).
- Trap phases are now plotted in flowrate and trap plots when uppermost carrier is not at top of layer.
- Memory allocations issues that led to MigriBee stops have been fixed.
- Animations of Migri maturities/transformations/generation now show same values as simulation result plots.
- Quickplot: several small improvements and bugfixes.
- Several bufixes and minor improvements to the Riskchart component.
Migri 1.2.2 - 141006 (141006) is a maintenance release:
- Support for special plot legends, including flowrates, maturity classes and vertical flow direction.
- Added "Simulate to.." option to allow the user to simulate to a given timestep.
- Added Selection info toolbar options to move between points (next point, last point) in the current polygon.
- Added "Open project" option in the Recent Project Files list.
- More options are available when converting files, e.g. changing directory and file subfix.
- RiskChart improvements.
- Added Depth/QA Stress options for erosion and effective stress plots.
- Added Net/gross parameter, which is taken into account when computing the volumetric capacity of traps.
- Bugfixes in GUI and in simulator core. Simulation results are only affected in some settings.
Migri 1.2.0 - 140312 (140312) is a production release:
- Improved help system with more detailed description of all input dialogs.
- Migri Quickplot tool for plotting logs, histograms, crossplots etc.
- Loading of well and calibration data from Migri SQLite database.
- MigriBees can now be be launched on remote compute servers via ssh
- Profiles are now draggable within the 3d view (use ALT + LMB)
- Layer name and xyz position can be tracked in profile view.
- Misfit and weighted input distributions for stochastic simulations can be analysed in the RiskChart utility.
- Bug fixes and usability improvements to project input tables (histories, geological events and timesteps editors)
- Plotting of traps, leakage elements and fault connections in 3D view (for Migrisk participants).
- Option to georeference images and map them onto model layers.
- Possibility to plot markers where well paths intersect model layers (requires age column in well table)
- Plot uncertainties (e.g. P90, P10, stdv) for input parameters in project workspace.
- Possibility to generate uncertainity animations (e.g. P10->P90)
- Split Logviewer and Explorer into separate components.
- Added gaswindow.duration and TR alternatives plots (with alternative kinetic models)
- Creating geometries from large grids (>2 mill. nodes for each layer) is now possible without setting a "large model" switch.
- New input data formats are supported, including Arcgis ESRI.
- Mathematical operations are now auto-saved to mirm files.
- GUI and simulator bug fixes.
Migri 1.1.2 - 130711 (130711) is a maintenance release:
- Reorganized Workspace properties tree into Input, Model and Results.
- TrapViewer/TrapID and Results/Traps/TrapID refer to the same values.
- Fixed leakage issues, where traps did not leak in some geological settings.
- Fixed issues in the modelling of shallow leakage to seabed.
- Improvements to lateral migration along pinchouts and into sand lenses.
- Added FlowDirection plot in Properties/Results/Flow/Flowpaths.
- Added more Mathematical commands, including interval, merge, xyz and trimkm.
- Fixed an issue with MigriBee for Linux.
Migri 1.1.0 - 121220 (121220) is a production release:
- Fixed issues reported for the 1.1.0 release candidates.
- Export of streams to Migrino (VTFX files).
- Added Help/OnlineSupport.
- Many GUI and some simulator bugs fixed.
- Removed parameters not yet activated from GUI.
- Added GUI component for output definition (storing results) and stochastic processing of stored results.
- Added Probabilities output plots for stochastic simulations (P90, Mean, P10, Stdv,Risk, ositives etc).
- Added background stochastic processing (MigriBee, available now for Migrisk and MigriAPI clients now).
- Added Update Project function for “red Load Last Project” button when updating input parameters.
- Editing of User Labels can now be done directly in the 3D window by double-clicking on picked point.
- Added support for oil and gas generation modelling in Migri using TOC, HI, for each source layer (Exp.0 history).
- Maturity windows, Oilwindow onset, Oilwindow duration and Gaswindow onset added to Maturity plots.
- Gas & Oil generated and Expelled & expulsion windows added to Expelled plots.
- Structure/QA_structure added for quality control including Lost_thickness & Depth_mismatch plots.
- Input/Region now allows for modelling the generation/migration from within a region and between layers without changing the source rock model.
- Input/Anomalies now includes Add.depth for each layer, which allows for quickly simulating with alternative horizon descriptions without rebuilding the geometries.
- Streams plotting improved with e.g. arrows plotting which makes it easier to see flow-directions in static figures.
- Trap Viewer now allows for filtering and sorting which means that e.g. the many small dry structures at early timesteps can be excluded.
- Added functions in grid mathematical calculator in Migri Explorer.
- Basemap files can now be reloaded and topic posted from imported csv tablescan be selected from a pull-down list.