This page contains information about new MigriX releases, including a list of changes from the previous versions.
If you would like to receive an automatic email notification when this page is updated, please log in and click Follow on this page.
2.2.1 - 220901: Maintenance release 2.2.1
2.2.0 - 220606: Production release 2.2.0
2.1.1 - 220222: Maintenance release 2.1.1
2.1.0 - 220117: Production release 2.1.0
1.9.8 - 201217: Maintenance release 1.9.8
1.9.6 - 200821: Production release 1.9.6
1.8.4 - 191002: Production release 1.8.4
1.6.8 - 180801: Maintenance release 1.6.8
1.6.6 - 180615: Maintenance release 1.6.6
1.6.4 - 180504: Production release 1.6.4
1.5.6 - 170914: Maintenance release 1.5.6
1.5.4 - 170828: Maintenance release 1.5.4
1.5.2 - 170713: Maintenance release 1.5.2
1.5.0 - 170530: Production release 1.5.0
MigriX 2.2.1 - 220901 (220901) is a maintenance release:
- Added bulk grid export functionality to Caserun Results.
- Basemap Add Lines/Flowpaths can now plot Flowpaths and spillpaths as lines in 2D & 3D view
- Add Lines in Basemap and Import Table in Wells stores a copy of the result in the outcome directory
- Added progress bar when creating mesh.
- Added Project.faultsfilter option to reduce number of fault points when building geometries with large fault polygon sets.
- Added experimental plotting of "Contour classes" on maps in 2D/3D view. Note: contour lines/labels are not yet displayed
- Fix for occasional crash on interactive label editing (mouse double-click on label) in 3D view.
- Fix for crash when modifying stream properties in 2d view mode.
- Reorganized view/layout menu to clarify which options affect 2D and/or 3D views.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements
MigriX 2.2.0 - 220606 (220606) is a production release:
LateralBarriers can be used to block lateral migration without needing to rebuild the model geometries.
New Edit Faults Toolbar to quickly create or modify fault polygons and define fault insides/outsides.
Fixed issue with shallow (<1km burial) shale pinchouts not sealing properly.
Fixed issue with 2D view not zooming correctly when loading a saved view.
Minor bugfixes and improvements
MigriX 2.1.1 - 220222 (220222) is a maintenance release:
- Improved support for High-DPI monitors.
- Added option to map basemaps and wells onto a layer type group (source rocks, seals, reservoirs etc.)
- Added Open File Explorer option to File menu. Opens the system default file manager in the project db directory.
- Fix for Basemap/Add Lines crash issue
- Introduced MigriXplore add-on feature which allows for:
1) Running larger models (up to 10 million elements).
2) Calibration plots comparing model results to observations data
3) User-defined kinetic schemes and multicomponent HC systems
4) Viewing results from stored simulations without having to re-simulate the model.
MigriX 2.1.0 - 220117 (220117) is a production release:
- Added Trap Summary tool to view most important trap data quickly.
- New Layer Lithologies editor
- Layer visibility can be toggled according to layer type (source, reservoir, seal etc.) from the RMB menu in the 3D View
- Basemap/Add Lines can be used to view dynamic polygon data from the simulation.
- Expelled plots are now cut in areas with zero source thicknesses
- “Show Drainage Area" RMB menu options now highlights the selected area in the 3D view and adds it to the Area Analysis tool.
- Annotated axis and scalebars can be shown in 3D/2D views. Use the View/Layout menu to toggle on or off.
- New engine for 3D graphics gives improved graphics quality and faster rendering.
- Upgraded user interface to Qt5.
- Added SourceModel/Thickness_Source property to the Model section of the Project Workspace
- Added OilCharge and GasCharge properties which show amounts of gas and oil migrating into the carrier from source layers.
- Added opacity setting for profiles
- Sublayer mesh in Profile views can be toggled/on off from the Profile properties panel.
- Added maximize, minimize & restore buttons to all dock windows.
- "Edit aliases" option now available when loading basemap or well files with unrecognized headers
- Annotations are now hidden when panning, rotating, and zooming the model
- Changed the color of oil traps in HC.flowrates (more distinct from high flowrates)
- Improved handling of fill/spill for very long flowpaths
MigriX 1.9.8 - 201217 (200821) is a maintenance release:
- Improved shape file (polygons «ring») loading
- Added Oil.adjust and Gas.adjust scaling factors for generated source rock volumes.
- Fixed missing reset of Oil.adjust and Gas.adjust factors when switching off injection modelling.
- Fixed incorrect alignment of charts in Trap Viewer.
MigriX 1.9.6 - 200821 (200821) is a production release:
- Faults can be added as lateral barriers to flow
- New Extract Project utility
MigriX 1.8.4 - 191002 (191002) is a production release:
- New History Editor for temperatures, overpressure and seal events.
- New Modify Areas tool to quickly edit input properties within polygons.
- Allowing for switching between metric and oil field units in TrapViewer and Drainage area analysis.
- Allowing for switching between m and ft as input units for depth maps in the Geological Events Editor.
- Added reload button in Explorer to force update of the file tree.
- The "Visualize each step" setting is now stored when closing MigriX.
- Fixed bug causing "open last project" to sometimes open the wrong project when running more than one MigriX instance.
- Layer models can now be created from a well tops (.csv) table file.
- Bug fixes
MigriX 1.6.8 - 180801 (180801) is a production maintenance release:
- Improved handling of spill from complex traps
- Tracking of all user parameter changes (stored in Changes.info table)
- New (unique) caserun name automatically assigned when starting simulation run
- Fixed an issue with temperature gradient at 0Ma sometimes being overwritten when using Modify project.
MigriX 1.6.6 - 180615 (180615) is a production maintenance release:
- Fixed Geohistory line drawing error.
MigriX 1.6.4 - 180504 (180504) is a production maintenance release:
Basement age is no longer included in the timestep list when creating a new project with the “Event” or “Interpolated” timesteps options active.
Added “Histories” column to the Timesteps Table Editor. It allows for defining which timesteps to compute histories (e.g. temperature, burial) for.
- Added Input/Layer Hydraulic/Retention for user control over migration retention (losses).
- Added Results/Flow/Retained for viewing results from retention calculations
- User parameter changes are now stored in a Changes.info table with date/time of change
- New Modify project option to edit an existing project with the Project setup wizard.
- Added “Download NPD data” option to the RMB menu in Explorer.
- Burial histories for large present day water-depths improved.
- More accurate migration in uppermost layer below seabed.
MigriX 1.5.6 - 170914 (170914) is a production maintenance release:
- Added filtering of paleo-traps in TrapViewer by trap size.
- Added option in TrapViewer table to show data only for a given topic, e.g. HC volumes.
- Other tweaks and minor improvements to TrapViewer plots.
MigriX 1.5.4 - 170828 (170829) is a production maintenance release:
- Improved accuracy of oil column calculation for traps with large spill volumes and small oil columns
- Fixed bug that resulted in progress bar disappearing during simulations
- Fixed crash when copying table data into Table editor
- Fixed some issues in the Injection tool
MigriX 1.5.2 - 170713 (170713) is a production maintenance release:
- Improved the import and export capabilities for Shape files
- Multi-polygons can now be used as input to HC injection
- Added "Show drainage area" options to RMB menu in the 3D view
- Improved plotting of shallow layers and other tweaks to GeoHistory
- Added picking (CTRL+LMB button) to GeoHistory plots
- Simplifications to the Drainage Area Analysis tool
- Fix: removed issue with geometries being generated twice after modifying the Geological Events table and saving
- Minor tweaks and bugfixes
MigriX 1.5.0 - 170530 (170530) is a production release:
- More options available for HC injection migration, including flood injection and quick injection.
- Added a table editor for source rock properties.
- New Edit top-level menu introduced
- Added more project setup wizard options, including temperatures and timesteps.
- Injection toolbar added.
- Loading of polygon Shape (.shp) files supported
- Added new Source Potential Index (SPI) plot
- New drainage area analysis tool included.
- Added source rock definition table to project setup wizard
- More options to the Project info page in the setup wizard
- New simplified licensing system with online activation support.
- Bug fixes